They made a theater, these zealots, as well as machines, ballets,
verses, music, the whole spectacle, even the room where the spectacle was
given, I mean the cieling, the four walls and their foundation. Who
doubts that the hunt on the water, the enchantment of the Table, the
marvel of the Labyrinth is also of their invention? I judge so by the
movement they went into at the time and the happy air with which they
congratulated each other on the success of these things. If I am mistaken, and
they haven't contributed anything to this celebration, which was so
magnificent, so galant and planned for so long, and for which
only one person was needed to plan and pay for it, I admire two things: the
tranquility and flegme of the person who did everything, and the
involvement and action of those who did nothing at all.
Dienstag, 15. September 2015
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen