Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2014
When I was young, having all the needs that come
from passions and led by them into society, forced to look there and in
pleasures for distraction to my cruel pains, people preached love of solitude
and work to me and harassed me with pedantic sermons on the subject. Now that I
am forty years old, having lost the passions that made society bearable, no
longer seeing anything but misery and futility in it, having no more need of it
to escape from pains that no longer exist, love for solitude and work has
become very lively in me, and has replaced everything else. I've stopped going
into society. Since then, however, people haven't stopped plaguing me to go
back into it. I have been accused of being a misanthrope, etc. What conclusion
can be drawn from the difference between what they say now and when I was
young? The need that men have to blame everything.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen