Mittwoch, 17. Januar 2024

 

       ... I have a book in mind that is quite overheating my imagination; I would like to make it, but I haven't the time. It's title would be: Moral and political instructions of a cat to his little ones, translated from cat into French by M. d'Egrattigny, interpreter of cat languages at the library of the King. Since I have no other society except for that of my cat, I am always dreaming of this work, which would be very original. At first, the cat teaches his littles ones to fear the god-men; then he teaches them theology and the two principles, the good god-man and the evil demon-dog; then it would teach them morality, war with rats and sparrows, and she would then speak to them about the future life in the celestial Ratopolis, which is a city where the walls are made of parmesan cheese, the floors of butter, the columns of fish, etc., and which is full of rats destined for their amusement. She would inculcate respect for the castrated cats, who are the predestined cats, called into this state by the god-men to be happy in this world and in the other; witness how fat they are; and it is for this reason that they don't have to chase mice; and finally, she would recommend the most perfect resignation, in case the god-man might call them into this state of perfection. Is there anything in the world more mad than this work?...    

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen